Total number of students 629 as of 1 October 2019.
Total number of graduates 229, including 1 visiting student.
Total number of undergraduates 400.
In 2019, 94% of our undergraduate students got an upper second class or first class degree in their finals. This placed St Hilda’s in 18th place on the 2018/19 Norrington Table. We are delighted by this and congratulate all of our students. We thank our tutors for their invaluable support of St Hilda’s students.
Our Classics Lecturer, Dr Andrew Sillett, was shortlisted for Oxford Student Union's 2019 student-led teaching awards in the category of Most Acclaimed Lecturer.
The following students achieved Blues* in 2018/19:
- Ed David was elected as the 2019 OURFC Men’s Blues Captain.
- Emily Wilkins – Cricket blue
- Jacob Schiele – Hockey Blue
- TJ Fitzgerald – represented Gurnsey at the Commonwealth games for Fencing
- Georgia Bacon – Lacrosse Blue
- Isa Cooper – Two Netball Blues
- Digby Hopkinson-Wooley – Skiing half blue
- Esther Gillespie – Skiing half blue
- Alex Rackow – Two Cricket Blues
- Fiona Kennedy- Rugby was a member of the Women's Blues Squad for the 2018 Varsity Rugby Match.
*The Blue is the highest honour granted to individual sportsmen and sportswomen at the University of Oxford and is a highly sought after achievement for Oxford student athletes. The criteria required to be awarded a Blue is managed by the Oxford University Men’s Blues Committee and the Oxford University Women’s Blues Committee respectively.
- St Hilda’s won mixed touch rugby **Cuppers for the first time in 2018! Our Men's Hockey also reached the Cuppers final, but lost out to Worcester College.
- St Hilda’s Octopush (underwater hockey) Team won Cuppers 2017 and 2018.
- St Hilda's team won three awards in the Drama Cuppers** 2017 for their performance of The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe: Best of Cuppers, Best Actor (Niimi Day Gough), and Best Design (George Twinn and Eva Newton).
- St Hilda's team won Trampolining Cuppers and Emma Richardson won the individual Trampolining Cuppers in 2016/17.
- St Hilda's Ski Team won the Oxbridge Cuppers 2016/17, against Corpus Christi in the Cuppers final and Homerton in the grand final.
** Cuppers are intercollegiate sporting competitions at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge. The term comes from the word “cup”.
More Sporting Successes
At Torpids 2019, our Women's and Men's 1st boats both won blades. W1 finished with five-bump blades and rose to division 2. M1 ended the competition at the highest position they have ever been, 7th in Division 4.
At the 2018 Summer Eights, our Men's 1st and 3rd boats won blades. M1 moved up four places, to 5th in Division 4. M3 moved up four from Division 7 to Division 6, and is now 13th in that division.
In 2017, St Hilda’s Women’s Football Team made it through to the third round of Hassan’s Cup after an impressive 5-0 win over University College. The team was promoted from the third division and reached the quarter finals of Cuppers. In the same season, St Hilda’s Men’s 1st team also made it through to the quarter finals of Cuppers. St Hilda’s newly formed Mixed Lacrosse team were unbeaten in the league.